Saturday, August 25, 2007

Pentax wins the EISA top Award!

Many photography enthusiasts have asked me why I always use Pentax instead of Canon or Nikon... My straigtforward reply is

"Most manufacturers make show-pony cameras with all the bells and whistles under the sun but none of it is going to make you a good photographer unless youknow how to use the camera effectively"

Pentax systems are striaghforward and easy to use, leaving the creativity up to the photograper.
It might sound silly but I dont actually know how to use the auto modes on any of my cameras properly. I am at home with full manual control over the exposure, judging light


I have owned three Pentax cameras since in my life My first, at 12yo, was the ME Super with a 50mm lens which I still use to this day. I find the viewfinder very nice to frame shots with and there is a certain feel when the shutter fires. My most exceptional photos have come through years of practice with this particular camera






I also use the Pentax K10D which recently won the recent EISA European Camera of the Year 2007-2008 as voted by the prestigious European Imaging and Sound Association.

I like the K10D for its size and weight, it fits comfortably in the hand and is heavy enough to support when using slower shutter speeds. Coupled with the fancy shake reduction facility, low-light photography is a dream! It is especially good for indoor performance photography where light is usually a premium.

I use on occasion a medium format SLR - the mighty Mamiya RB67 Pro. This was the studio camera of choice in times gone by for its solid construction, lens quality and reliability. Made in 1970 and still going today, this alone is a mark of quality craftsmanship.

No comments: