Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Epicenter - An Abstract Documentary


The Epicenter is haunted by ghosts of the many facades this building has had, from whaling station to artists commune to festival site to a derelict burnt down squat. Due to be demolished to make way for new housing, I decided to capture the amazing array of artworks, murals and graf on the walls. In doing so, I opened myself up to some very powerful forces that still make my spine shiver.
So impressed by the cosmic and physical experiences I had whilst taking these photos; the strange mixture of awe and fear is still with me today. Something inside me says that I may have missed the best times of this building but being here now documenting it in my particular style is some consolation.
I have not taken photos the same since this shoot.
See more of these photos on my website - www.3rdeyefotos.com.au

No comments: